These Donor and Board Directed Funds provide specific services for different parts of the program.
- Community Grief & Bereavement Programs: Hospice of the Bluegrass provides grief counseling at no cost to anyone in the community who has experiences the loss of a loved one. This fund supports; individual counseling, support groups, family support program, children’s programs and bereavement camps. To support community grief and bereavement programs click here.
- Patient Expense Fund: This special fund provides expenses for patients who perhaps don’t have a phone and would not be able to call their nurse in an emergency or because of medical expenses can’t pay their rent. To support the Patient Expense Fund click here.
- Daniel’s Care Fund: Gifts to this program help provide support and care for children with life threatening illnesses and their families as well as children experiencing grief. To donate to Daniel's Care click here.
- Hallie Shouse Caregiver’s Fund: Gifts to this fund enable Hospice to provide paid caregivers to patients who have no family or their family lives out of town. To donate to the Hallie Shouse Caregiver's Fund click here.
- Friends of the Library: Gifts to this fund help to support the libraries that are in each of our sites. These facilities provide publications and information on issues such as death, dying, grief and bereavement. The libraries are open to staff, area professionals, patients, families, students and the general public. To donate to the Friends of the Library click here.
- Final Gifts Book Fund: Final Gifts is a book written by hospice nurses Maggie Callahan and Patricia Kelley and a special gift from hospice to patients and families. Nurses and social workers at HOB often comment on what a difference this small reassuring book makes to families. To donate to the Final Gifts Fund click here.
- Community Education Fund: HOB provides on-going educational programs with a wide range of topics to professionals and the community. To donate to the Community Education fund click here.
- Spiritual Care Program Fund: Through trainings like the Accredited Clinical Pastoral Education program, HOB helps provide continuing education to spiritual caregivers. To donate to the Spiritual Care Program Fund click here.
- Palliative Care Center Fund: The Palliative Care Center of the Bluegrass is a subsidiary of Hospice of the Bluegrass and is a not-for-profit corporation. Many patients with life-limiting diseases are candidates for this service, even if they are receiving active treatment for their illness. Consultations are available in Lexington hospitals, long term care facilities and our out-patient clinic. To donate to the Palliative Care Center Fund click here.
Hospice of the Bluegrass
2312 Alexandria Drive
Lexington, KY 40504
Having trouble reading this page?
Gifts to Daniel's Care help provide support and care for children with life threatening illnesses.
The Bereavement Programs Fund supports; individual counseling, support groups, family support program, children’s programs and bereavement camps.